Worrying alot . — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worrying alot .

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
Im due a Pip assessment in January.  Don't know what happens in these assessments . Sometimes wonder if I ever did the right thing getting involved. Really really worried.  Sorry again. 

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    No need to apologise @Strawberry1, we are always here to support you! 

Lots of our members have been through the assessments and I'm sure they'll be happy to share their experiences if you'd like to read some. It's not always easy, but that's the great thing about the community, everyone's ready to help when you need it.

Is there anything that helps you feel more at ease when you're worried? 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hello @Rosie_Scope , your understanding is appreciated. I will do my best to check things out in the posts written. Everyone is very helpful I just wouldn't want to be in the way . It's just been that way for my since being little. When I get worrying about stuff i usually sleep sounds silly I know but it just gives my mind a break .
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    You wouldn't be in the way at all @Strawberry1, so please don't worry about that. We are all here to support each other :)

That does't sound silly, I understand! Always nice to have a nap and shut your brain off for a bit.

Take care of yourself today, perhaps you could watch one of your favourite TV shows or films or do a hobby that you enjoy, something nice and distracting!
    Rosie (she/her)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,108 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    About PIP phone assessments:

- If you have kept a copy of your initial claim form, have a read through it.
     - Ideally you should have given 1 or 2 recent, detailed examples of the difficulty you face doing/attempting each applicable activity/descriptor that is looked at with PIP, i.e. when exactly did this occur, where, what exactly happened, why did you have difficulty, did anyone else see this, & were there any consequences to this, if applicable?
     - have a look at the PIP descriptors in this link, reading the notes at the end. The word 'reliably,' which is so important, isn't mentioned as such, but it's if you can't do an activity safely, to an acceptable standard, if you can't repeat it as often as would normally be expected, or if it takes you longer than a person without your disability. If you can't do an activity 'reliably,' say so, explaining why. Please see: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/personal-independence-payment-descriptors-and-scores-april-2023.pdf
     - see if there were any gaps where you didn't give those important detailed examples for each applicable PIP activities/descriptors in your initial claim form. Try to include these in your assessment if asked about any
     - you may be asked questions which you feel don't directly address the PIP descriptors, but they will, sometimes looking across a few, e.g. do you drive, do you have a pet?
    - if you're unsure about any question, just ask for it to be repeated. Take your time in answering, & don't just answer yes or no.
    - make sure your phone is fully charged, & if you'd like someone there to support you, put your phone on speaker phone so they can listen in.

• Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you doesn't always seem enough sometimes @Rosie_Scope but I feel grateful to be told im not in the way . I think I'm going to do some cleaning later on and I most probably will find something to watch . Tv is my favourite thing. Thanks again. Sending hugs .
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in and say I'm a huge fan of a 'tactical nap' to help reset my moods.  :)

Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Glad it's not just me @Albus_Scope 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.