Have issues with logging on to the scope online community — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have issues with logging on to the scope online community

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2023 in Coffee lounge
Hello to online scope community 
I am having trouble with logging into the scope online community on my computer I have tried logging into at least three different times and this message I keep getting below I would appreciate so help with this matter please but I don’t have any issues with logging into the community on my phone it’s only laptop I struggling with logging into community on 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,575 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having issues @Globster. I can see you can still post. 

So is this a constant issue on your laptop, or is it intermittent? Are you logged in on your phone currently? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It’s intermittent problem which keeps happening on computer but I don’t any problem logging into the community on phone yes I am logged into community on phone  :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    Ok gotcha, so no issues connecting on your phone regularly, only that laptop.

We have had some technical issues over the last week with the site going down for everyone briefly every now and again, but I've not had any reports today.   I'll ask some of the techy guys in a minute and see what they suggest. 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Ok, few troubleshooting bits here.

Are you accessing the site from an older link? Does it work if you manually type in https://forum.scope.org.uk/   ?

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache? If you let me know which browser you're using, I can talk you through how to do that if you don't know. :) 

Are you connecting via wifi? Can you access other sites?
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Globster
    Options
    I am to log in using my computer after you provided me with the link and grateful for your help with this matter 
    can ask how I get the computer to remember this latest link to my browser 

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    Glad we fixed it!  You should just be able to bookmark the link as you would do with any other site. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.