work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


Paul79 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello  haven't posted on here for a long time I have crohn.s / BAM/ congital heart condition and high blood preasure . just interested in how over people manage their health conditions day to day. I haven.t been working because of lots of hospital appointments/ flair ups / 
slide effect/ bad reaction to medication  i just been trying just to get through the day  a day at a time trying to get my self better. should i be thinking about getting back in to work it will be the first time i will been managing all the hospital appointments/ flair up and silde effect at work and trying to hold a job down how do over people manage will i know what is right for me 


  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 586 Scope online community team
    Hi @Paul79, welcome back to the community! 

    I think it comes down to whether you feel ready to go back to work, although it's very difficult to know sometimes until you try. If your conditions are still flaring quite a lot day to day, it might be better to wait until they're more stable, but you could always try working part time and go from there :)

    You would need to make sure your employers are supportive too, and let them know what reasonable adjustments you might need from the beginning.

    Would this mean a new job search for you or would you be returning to an existing job? 
    Rosie (she/her)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.