Hi, my name is Jacquielinka! I need some advice about fit notes and ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jacquielinka! I need some advice about fit notes and ESA

Jacquielinka Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have just been awarded ESA but I'm not sure about things.  I would really appreciate some advice please. 

Do I  still need to send fit notes to my employer? How often do I send them to ESA?
Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you everyone so much


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, you will need to continue to send them to your employer and to ESA. Those are two completely different things.

    How often you need to send the fit notes will depend on how long the fit notes are for. For ESA you need to make sure there's no gaps in the fit notes.

    For ESA you will at some point receive the ESA50 form in the post. You will need to fill this in and return it with all your information and any supporting evidence you have. This will then be returned to the Health Assessment Advisory Service and they will be responsible for your work capability assessment. There's some information here. https://chdauk.co.uk/your-assessment/types-of-assessments/employment-and-support-allowance-esa/

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.