PIP tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal

Billyjaine Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Can you get a knowledgeable person to represent you at tribunal 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,376 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, advice agencies such as Welfare Rights or a law Centre can represent you. Did you have a look at the link i posted in your previous thread? It was this one https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits it will tell you what advice agencies are local to you. Citizens Advice don't usually represent you.

    Please also be aware that they will not be able to speak on your behalf, you will need to do that yourself. Aso bear in mind that many many people attend Tribunals, whether face to face or telephone without representation and go on to be awarded. 68% of people that either have a telephone/video or face to face hearing are successful.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Billyjaine
    Billyjaine Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Useful wasn’t aware representative cannot speak on your behalf. Anyone any experience of ICANN?  
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,306 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Billyjaine

    I google ICANN and couldn't find much other than a Californian company. I would use Poppy link above to find local advice to you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.