If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ideal room temperature?

Options
2»

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Apparently the temp in a modern(ish) house shouldn't drop below 18c, or it increases the risk of damp and mold in your property. 

Ideal temps for me would be between 20 and 23c.  But I've broken out the old, really thick Xmas slipper socks and oversized jumper and a woolly hat already.  :D

My elderly cat has claimed my fake Oodie. It's black, she's white, so it's kinda grey now really. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,648 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Without any heating on at the moment like everyone else the prices are too high . Our thermometer is saying 17 degrees.  Which is 1 degree under 18 obviously lol 😂.  It feels cool.  Wearing extra layers to keep warm . Not even sure when it's wise to put it on . 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I just wanted to make sure everyone's seen this post regarding Scopes 'Getting you ready for winter' initiative?  It's got lots of tips of helping keep warm over the winter months and could be of use to some of you by hopefully saving you a few quid. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you for pointing that out @Albus_Scope much appreciated. 
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,443 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Apparently the temp in a modern(ish) house shouldn't drop below 18c, or it increases the risk of damp and mold in your property. 

Ideal temps for me would be between 20 and 23c.  But I've broken out the old, really thick Xmas slipper socks and oversized jumper and a woolly hat already.  :D

My elderly cat has claimed my fake Oodie. It's black, she's white, so it's kinda grey now really. 
    This is a 1895 house with penetrating damp which is probably why it feels colder in here then it really is.
    Not too bad today, toughing it out layered up!
    When winter really bites heating will be on 24/7
    I'm on heating oil.

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    I'd love to live in an old cottage in the country but the heating bills have always put me off. Heating oil tends to be loads cheaper though doesn't it?

(and is that one of your betta in your profile pic @Bettahm?)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Bless you both @Albus_Scope and@Bettahm .
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    I don't know why @Bettahm , didn't show up purple on the last post . I'm terrible with technical stuff. 
  • Bettahm
    Options
    I'd love to live in an old cottage in the country but the heating bills have always put me off. Heating oil tends to be loads cheaper though doesn't it?

(and is that one of your betta in your profile pic @Bettahm?)
    The trouble with heating oil is you have to pay up front for a minimum of 500L which is currently about £400.
    So I will need 2 maybe 3 lots to get me through winter.
    So going to be a struggle .
    The 300 COL payment next month will cover most of the first lot, and still some left in the tank.
    So, see how it goes...
    Yes, one of my bettas resting on his leaf hammock  :-)
  • Bettahm
    Options
    I don't know why @Bettahm , didn't show up purple on the last post . I'm terrible with technical stuff. 
    Me too!
    God Bless you too 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I didnt even think about the up front costs, this is why I'm not in that cottage.  :D  

I used to be a very keen fishkeeper until my legs decided they didn't want to play nice any more.  Betta are such lovely fish. <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you @Bettahm . Please take care of yourself. 
  • Bettahm
    Options
    I didnt even think about the up front costs, this is why I'm not in that cottage.  :D  

I used to be a very keen fishkeeper until my legs decided they didn't want to play nice any more.  Betta are such lovely fish. <3 
    Bettas are gorgeous, definitely one of my favourites. 
    My parents started keeping fish when I was a kid. I caught the bug. Have just 4 tanks now and a pond but at one point had 18 tanks and was breeding killifish. 
    Love cichlids too.
    And fancy goldfish. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to start a fish post soon haha. 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to start a fish post soon haha. 
    I was thinking that same thing!
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.