Daughter with EHCP, LA have admitted failed to meet provisions in section F — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daughter with EHCP, LA have admitted failed to meet provisions in section F

Options
paulcornwall
paulcornwall Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2023 in Education
As many parents know, having a disabled is a fight around every corner. Despite legally binding documents and legislation, we are on our knees trying to get the support our daughter deserves.

Our daughter attends an ARB which due to mental health and physical health. She has always had high anxiety over the teaching staff and on many occasion's heard TA's discussing her to the taxi company etc about her needs etc. Needless to say she is so fearful of attending, she's been albeit  housebound since April. We have just been left, despite calls for help, she was just sent some work to do on a ipad. 

Using the IPSEA's template I complained to the LA about there failure to meet the provisions in section f, they had no choice but to admit there failings over the phone. However, I was advised if I wanted to continue with the complaint, they would not address anything until the outcome of the complaint which according to them was 8-12 weeks. Alternatively, i could drop the complaint or place it hold while an emergency ehcp review was conducted. I felt the only option was the emergency review.

At the meeting trust between ourselves and the ARB broke down as they were clearly lying about many issues. I have some questions hopefully you can help with

1. Is it lawful for LA to hold a formal complaint moving forwards like this?

2. Do we have grounds to move our daughter to another ARB?

3. From a brief conversation with the LA, the ARB receives a staggering 65k per annum for our daughter, do we have the right to see where this money is spent?

Hope you understand the above, my grammar is not great when Im so tired. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.