Not feeling good about myself. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not feeling good about myself.

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
Starting to feeling rubbish due to not knowing if I've done the right thing by asking for an autism / adhd assessment . I've watched part of a TV programme and now I so unsure it's making me not like myself very much .

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @Strawberry1 I'm sorry you're feeling like this.  Why are you doubting you've done the right thing?

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,625 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Was that the program with Sam Thompson?

The thing to remember is that a diagnosis doesn't change you as a person at all.  You'll be exactly the same whatever the outcome is.  :)
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @Albus_Scope and @OverlyAnxious,  I won't mind if I have either or autism or adhd  I'm just so unsure if I'm going waste peoples time . I have many memories about myself as a child not wanting to go to school,  not wanting to go out and play . Wanting to eat the same thing . Not fitting in with peers around me in school.  Trying to tell the teacher I don't want to sit with anyone.  Even copying people to fit in . I just don't know.  Thank you so much for your time and support.  I've only watch so much of the Chris Packham programme and there are parts about letting the mask slip that I'm not familiar with and now I question myself.  Many many times I've told mental health workers I don't feel right in my mind so now I question over and over . So so sorry for the long answer.  I just hope I'm not being a burden. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
     You wont be wasting anyone's time @Strawberry1! You're getting the answers you deserve. And remember autism isn't the same for every person, so if you don't identify with some of the stories others have about their autism, it doesn't mean you're not autistic.

I was only diagnosed a year ago, but honestly, after a bit of a weird mourning period, I realised getting my official diagnosis was the best thing I've done in a long while. I've learned so much about myself and a lot of things that happened in my past make more sense now.   I just wish I was diagnosed sooner. ;)

(I do love Chris Packham, he's a hero of mine)
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thanks @Albus_Scope , most appreciative for your time and support. You have explained things really well for me . I likr Chris packham too . Thanks again.  This forum is so helpful. Your input means a great deal .
  • Albus_Scope
    edited October 2023
    Options
    No problem at all. Always happy to help. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.