Waiting on PIP decison. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting on PIP decison.

Rose89
Rose89 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I'm just wondering how long people are waiting for a PIP decision? I had assesment on 4/10 received a text stating no decision yet on 24/10 and today received a letter stating they have all the info they need to make a decision.

I know it's up to 12 weeks but have crippling anxiety and just wondered how long it's actually taking to get a decision.

Apologies if this is a silly question or a question that gets asked all the time.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,902 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rose89 - & welcome to the community. As you've said, it can be anything up to 12 weeks, unfortunately; different waiting times for everyone, some faster than others. Please don't worry about asking questions :)
  • Rose89
    Thanks for replying 🙂 @chiarieds
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    edited October 2023
    For PIP reviews you might receive another text saying that a decision has been reached and they will send you a letter within 2 weeks but from what I've heard not everone gets one of these. The good news is if you are lucky enough to receive this text you can phone the PIP helpline and they will normally tell you the outcome over the phone thereby shortening the result wait time by days.

Even then you have to wait up to two weeks to get the confirmation letter in writing which is yet again another delay if, like myself, you are wanting to start the process for joining the Motability scheme which is the situation I am currently in. 

It seems there is totally unnecessary delays at every step of the process. Why it takes them up to two weeks to print off and post a letter to someone after a decision has been made is totally beyond me :smiley:
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,715 Scope online community team
    Hello @Rose89, welcome to the community!

As everyone has mentioned, it does vary an awful lot unfortunately. It can be a worrying wait, but we are here if you need to chat about it. Feel free to ask questions any time, you're always welcome :)

Hope you're not waiting too long, keep us posted! Fingers crossed it's a positive result for you.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dee1960
    dee1960 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 9 Connected
    Rose89 said:
    Hi everyone. I'm just wondering how long people are waiting for a PIP decision? I had assesment on 4/10 received a text stating no decision yet on 24/10 and today received a letter stating they have all the info they need to make a decision.

I know it's up to 12 weeks but have crippling anxiety and just wondered how long it's actually taking to get a decision.

Apologies if this is a silly question or a question that gets asked all the time.
    You are on the exact time I am on! all the same dates with the same responses from DWP and my anxiety is bad.  
  • Carlosos
    Carlosos Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    My decision came (although mine was unfortunately a negative one) about 5 days after I got the letter saying they have everything they need. Fingers crossed not to long to wait. 
  • Rose89
    @brettw Sorry I should have clarified, first time claim for me. Really hope you get some good news soon.
  • Rose89
    Thank you @Rosie_Scope. I started the claim in July, but as time progresses I'm getting more anxious and stressed. I never sleep all that well due to pain, and this is all playing on my mind which is making it worse. 
  • Rose89
    @dee1960 It's so stressful isn't it. Hope you get good news soon.
  • Rose89
    I'm sorry to hear that @Carlosos. Do you plan on appealing?
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Shouldn't be much longer for you now hopefully @Rose89

The waiting is the worst part of the whole process and everyone on here knows how bad it is as we've all experienced it. The first time around also comes with the added stress of not having experienced the process before and the long waits make people think its going to be bad news because of this.

The whole system really needs a overhaul and the waiting times are overly long for people who are, by definition, some of the most vulnerable in society
  • Lsecrets
    Lsecrets Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Hi mine was 7 days wait but was a negative outcome, I am now waiting on a reconsideration that has been 5 weeks so far, I have sent In lots of new evidence so really hoping a good outcome soon as my anxiety can not take much longer 😫 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,991 Scope online community team
    We're keeping everything crossed for you @Lsecrets! I know saying try not to worry is easier said than done. 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Rose89
    I'm sorry to hear that @Lsecrets. Hope the MR goes your way.

On Wednesday will be 8 weeks since my assesment. Heard nothing. Anxiety is unbearable. I might try and call tomorrow for an update, husband will be off work tomorrow so can help me call and speak to them. Sorry to ramble on.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,715 Scope online community team
    Sorry you're still waiting @Rose89, it really does take it's toll. Hope the call goes okay tomorrow, keep us posted. And no need to apologise, you're not rambling on. We're all here to support you :)
    Rosie (she/her)

• Lsecrets
    Hi @Rose89 my MR was a no change so I am now waiting on a Tribunal, I have so much new evidence since my assessment so I'm hoping they look at everything, This has been since July and the anxiety and stress is so bad, fingers crossed for you x 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,446 Disability Gamechanger
    If that extra evidence is related to how your conditions were at the time the assessment took place then it’s fine. What they won’t do is take into consideration any worsening of conditions since that time. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lsecrets
    @poppy123456 ok Thank you, yes it was at the time of assessment that they didn't take into consideration and left out, if not then I will just make a whole new claim and start again. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.