NAS on CMHT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NAS on CMHT

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
So have heard back from NAS on my discharge, still unexplained, from cmht
They say from what I have told them they did not make any 'reasonable adjustments' for my autism. Which is bad because they knew about my autism. The CPN had training in autism and was working with a few autistic people he told me. NAS did point out that all autistic people are different and should be treated as individuals. 
Still need to find out what cmht say about my dischargement but think this has to come into it.
Lack of understanding again, from health professionals. 
Still waiting to hear from my mps office who wrote to them on my behalf for an explanation. 
NAS said I can complain to NHS advocates so will think about that when I finally get the reason.

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @Bettahm. It must be so frustrating, I hope you get answers from the complaint. Please keep us updated :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @Bettahm. It must be so frustrating, I hope you get answers from the complaint. Please keep us updated :) 
    I wont complain till I find out when and why they discharged me. I think transforming care must know but they have stopped regular contact, not been to see me since June, I know I'm still with them though they're not answering my emails. I wouldn't want cmht back not after what happened (and didnt happen)
    Just want to know why.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I understand that, not knowing why can make things difficult as you try to move forward. I hope you get answers <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    I understand that, not knowing why can make things difficult as you try to move forward. I hope you get answers <3
    Although I dont want them back after this and there were issues with there whole approach to things, too long to go into here, there doesn't seem to be anything else out there.
    IPBT only offer CBT which doesn't work for me.
    My big need at the moment is someone to make medical appts for me and come with me to them. Like dentist, gp, eye clinic, other clinics. I just cant deal with it any more and no longer want to go out of the house. There is such a lack of understanding. 
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 993 Pioneering
    Options

Which is bad because they knew about my autism. The CPN had training in autism and was working with a few autistic people he told me.

"I know about autism" someone told me recently. Poppycock! (sorry pops ;))

It sounds awful :( I hope your MP works hard on this case  

• Bettahm
    Options
    WhatThe said:

Which is bad because they knew about my autism. The CPN had training in autism and was working with a few autistic people he told me.

"I know about autism" someone told me recently. Poppycock! (sorry pops ;))

It sounds awful :( I hope your MP works hard on this case  

His office said he/they were going to write to my local cmht to find out why they had discharged me.
    Though I requested, twice, that they look into cmhts up and down the country as this isnt just happening to me - but no response to that. But we all know how the govt feels about people with mental health problems. 
    I did not like the cmhts methods or their questioning and did write a long email to them on January 2 this year telling them I didnt like it, was making me feel worse etc.
    saying what I needed help and support with. Their support worker didnt seem to have a clue either. Anyway I got no response to the email and Feb 22 was last time cpn came here. Nothing since. Transforming care finally confirmed I'd been discharged but they are not telling me why and their support worker hasn't been here since June. I know I'm still with them but dont know what's happening. My conditions have deteriorated over just the last two months now. Not sure what will happen. 
  • WhatThe
    edited October 2023
    Options

Bettahm,

I know what being ignored and abandoned feels like and I'm sorry they don't seem to realise what this is doing to you as an autistic person. Uncertainty is always hard for us to deal with. I also re-send emails which are ignored on the off chance they were overlooked but your MP does have a duty to respond. 

mysociety.org offers advice on writing to an MP writetothem.com and what you could do next. I hope this helps.

• WhatThe
    Options

Many of us have experienced indifference, ignorance and incompetence in public services but I want to believe that every one of us can make a difference now. I have learned so much on this forum from people like you. Remember austerity cuts v MPs' salary rises, expenses, other jobs and and General Elections? MPs are busy people with difficult decisions to make  :wink:
    So, yeah, keep at it because they all work for you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.