Lcw — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcw

Options
azbegum255
azbegum255 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Can work coaches bully you to attend job fairs and what are the rules on Lcw. My health getting worse due to work coach bullying me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What is expected if you will depend on your claimant commitments. It can include attending work focused interviews and other appointments such as training or employment programmes, which can include job fairs.

I don't think it's right that your work coach bullies you but it will depend on what you mean exactly by this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,446 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @azbegum255, welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're struggling.

As Poppy mentioned above, there are usually certain commitments that you'll have to meet to receive your payments and this might include attending the job fairs. They should be able to adjust some of your commitments around your conditions, but sometimes misunderstandings can happen.

When you say your work coach is bullying you, how do they normally do this?

If you feel like your work coach is treating you unfairly, perhaps you could ask to speak to a manager at your job centre to see if they can advise you on what to do next. 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • OutOfTheWorld99
    OutOfTheWorld99 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    Can work coaches bully you to attend job fairs and what are the rules on Lcw. My health getting worse due to work coach bullying me 
    I also had this experience and told the "coach" to pack it in, and reported her to the line manager and made a formal complaint to DWP. Ask to change coach immediately or you will make waves of your own if you feel up to that? They really dont give a stuff, and think their a law onto themselves until, someone takes real action against them.

I hope it's ok for me to post this link here as it's in many people's interest, those about to be affected by these lunatic plans:

Scrap Universal Credit, reinstate legacy benefits and scrap unfair sanctioning.

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 999 Pioneering
    Options

I totally agree. I wish the petition had more meat on it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.