If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ADHD and PIP

Options
underthezebrascope
underthezebrascope Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all

just looking for abit of advice! Had my pip assessment outcome today, 0 points for all sections for ADHD. I am not shocked as expected this from reading outcomes, but really disappointed. Alot of information in the assessment was wrong including my mental health is managed by the GP which it is not ( I am open to adult cmht / peri natal mental health team and have been since diagnosis/beginning of pregnancy for peri natal).

same sort of reasons as most people get, as I drive and work full time I have no difficulty with day to day living. The letter is so different from the conversation I had I honestly have been left wondering if it is even for the same person😂

what I’m wondering is, i’ve been told to request MR by alot of people. I do think this is wise, but I feel so anxious and stressed at the prospect of having to prove myself and go through this that I’m not sure. I know a lot of people get good outcomes from tribunal too. I think this is what I want to do but I am worried.

TLDR; awarded zero points pip for adhd both sections, not sure whether there is any point requesting mandatory reconsideration
Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @underthezebrascope and welcome to the community! 

Personal opinion; I'd suggest going for the MR, but make sure you do it via writing and write down scenarios where you can show you fit into the descriptors.  It's all about helping the assessors tick those ticky boxes. 

I had to fight all the way to tribunal twice.  First time I was originally awarded 2 points total, the tribunal awarded me enhanced rate for both categories.  And they even apologized for how the DWP had messed me about.  So it's definitely worth fighting for and we're all here to support you if you feel you want to go for it.  I hope that makes sense? 

TLDR; Do it. ;)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.