Advice, really confused with pip report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice, really confused with pip report

Lauren1925 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I requested my pip review form and I dont understand alot of it, like what reported restrictions not supported or other described supported, for example for 9 it says in recommened and evidence used " given the mental health symptoms supported by the telephone call, showing she also feel anxious which leads to panic attacks, she feels sweaty, her dizziness gets worse, she breathes faster, she is worried people look at her funny and she finds it hard to distinguish between who's real and who's her hallucinations, she will react out loud to them, she would not be able to reliably engadge with others face to face without social support." 

Then in reported restrictions not supported it says " restrictions reported are not considered in the scope of this activity, in specifically relating to leaving the flat."

What does that mean? 

Then it says  other discriber " whilst promoting has been considered, this has been ruled out given the evidence from the telephone call showing she has such anxiety that it leads to panic attacks and she reacts to hallucinations so she would not support to reassure her." 

I'm so confused, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.


  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,864 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren1925 - & welcome to the community. For activity/descriptor 9, then here are the points that an assessor may recommend:
    a. Can engage with other people unaided. 0 points
    b. Needs prompting to be able to engage with other people. 2 points
    c. Needs social support to be able to engage with other people. 4 points
    d. Cannot engage with other people due to such engagement causing either - (i) overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant; or (ii) the claimant to exhibit behaviour which would result in a substantial risk of harm to the claimant or another person. 8 points

    So it seems like the assessor has thought that c. is applicable as they mention social support, & that b. which is more about needing prompting was considered, but wasn't thought applicable, & they've gone with the higher point scoring activity.
    The assessor has to justify their recommndations, so they'll say things like 'evidence supports' what you've said, or how you appeared to have been during your phone assessment.
    Then with your 2nd paragraph, all this seems to mean is that this wasn't taken into account, or part wasn't taken into account, as it isn't part of that activity/descriptor. The assessor is still saying that you have difficulty/restrictions, but the bit about you 'leaving the flat' isn't relevant. I hope that explains a little.
    All of this is just a recommendation, which is why it's often better to just wait for your decision letter.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    Hey there @Lauren1925 I can see you're in excellent hands with your questions, but I just wanted to say hi. 

    If you need any additional help, just ask. Or if you fancied a chat and some fun, I recommend checking out the Coffee Lounge category. :)
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.