Working and LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working and LWCRA

Options
Tachyonics
Tachyonics Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello all. I was working as a care assistant in a care home for 6 weeks until my probation was ended early after an occupational health assessment said I shouldn't continue that job and they had nothing to transfer me into.

Been on UC for a while, thankfully all okay but I have past experience with the DWP. I'm looking at some very part time work and I'm worried this will ruin my LWCRA benefits. I hate relying on the state for anything and I feel bad, like I'm not doing good enough despite the hip replacement. I just... I've been eating properly, doing my best to get into some kind of shape.

Should I look for work and try it out? Would it ruin my benefits? I read in another discussion that if it didn't work out, I'd have to report the change as quitting a job and nothing would happen? I'm really quite concerned.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Only you can decide whether you want to do some work. Lots of people while and continue with LCWRA. When claiming UC there's no maximum amount of hours you can work.

If you do start working then you will need to report a change of circumstances and tell them you're working. You have the work allowance which means a certain amount of earnings you receive each month will be ignored before the 55% earnings taper applies. If you claim for help with the rent it will be £379/month, if you don't then it will be £631/month.

If you start working and find you can't manage and you leave the job, simply report another change and tell them you're no longer working. As you have LCWRA then you can't be sanctioned for quiting work.

Do be aware though that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA then it could go against you when you're next reviewed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.