PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

Options
poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
The moment of dread came this morning at 8.14am when I received a text telling me my PIP is up for review. I’ll receive the form within the next 2 weeks. 

Time to put my knowledge and experience into action. I started gathering evidence some weeks ago and now just have to type everything and print it off. 

I will be requesting an extension because it’s something I always do. It also helps if there’s any delays with them uploading everything onto the system. 

This is my 3rd review in 10 years. This time I’ll be sending more evidence on the reasons why I should be given a 10 year ongoing award. 

I will let you all know the outcome, whenever that will be. Yes, I’m also expecting a long wait! Wish me luck please! 
I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• MaaniMike
    MaaniMike Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    Options
    Best of luck mate. I'm not sure if it's same for you but no matter how much knowledge and experience I gather and try to help others. I still get very nervous when it comes to mine and somehow don't manage to do it as well as I hoped.

You have most experience in this area from what I've seen in your posts so am sure you will do everything you can and give yourself the best possible opportunity to get the right outcome.

I really hope you convince them to give you a 10 year award this time too.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Keeping everything crossed you get that 10 year ongoing award Poppy! <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks!
    MaaniMike said:
    I'm not sure if it's same for you but no matter how much knowledge and experience I gather and try to help others. I still get very nervous when it comes to mine and somehow don't manage to do it as well as I hoped.

I agree that i always find my own claims more difficult that anyone elses. Though i've never had any issues with any of my reviews, just never had a longer award than 3 years. My last award was extended due to Covid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    Good luck with yours Poppy. Hope you get the 10 year award. If you need advice, you know where to come😉😉
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thank you Leigh14! :) haha, i will remember that about the advice ;)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,749 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck poppy, I got a 10 year award on my review this year they said it was because of my age (I'm 64).
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woollywonder
    woollywonder Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
    Options
    Poppy it seems to me that once they have reviewed you a couple of times, common sense should prevail with a longer award, I agree! I'm no expert but have helped 2 or 3 people regularly with forms (successfully thankfully!)   - yet doing my own first application I'm full of doubt, wondering if I am expressing things properly and so on.
    Given that they are trialling online forms for new applications, it would be nice to think the same may become available for reviews in time.
    Could reduce mail handling costs significantly although not so good for those who rely on the jobs.
    Wish you all the best with your review :smile:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sure you'll be fine with your review, & hope you do indeed get a 10 year award. You definitely want to avoid us lot advising you, as Leigh14 suggests! :s
    Keeping everything gently crossed for you :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks everyone. @woodbine great news you had a 10 year award this time! This just proves they do sometimes get the decision correct.

@woollywonder i don't usually help anyone fill out the forms as such. Though i did help a friend with her claim  and her daughters. I do fill out my daughters forms as her appointee though. I advise on here but i don't specifically help anyone with the actual forms. Though it's something i would love to do but not on any forum of course.

@chiarieds Thanks, i'm definitely going to put more effort into that this time. Given the "winks" next to Leigh14's comment about the advice on here i'm sure they were just kidding. :D 

With the amount of advice i give here, it would be funny if i asked for advice on filling out my own form. :D Although, it's the most difficult thing to do and i would much prefer to fill in my daughters form than my own. At least i'm well prepared this time and that's a good thing.

Once it's filled in and returned i will do my best to try to forget about it until i hear something. This is one thing i'm good at doing, thankfullly. As you know stress isn't good for many health conditions.

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All the best and good luck with it Poppy, looking forward to a positive update in due course (or well over a year lol).

I have my own review due from mid-November (but hoping it’s next year instead), I can’t say I disagree with how difficult it is to do it for yourself rather than others and to be honest I am slightly dreading it though any questions I have will be coming your way! :D
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,749 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think its human nature for us to be positive about ourselves and our own situations especially when putting it all in to writing, thats why I always write it out firstly in rough and then think and think again before committing it to the "forms".
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    Options
    @bg844 thanks. If it helps my current award is due to end in exactly 8 months from now, end of June 2024. I was spot on with my guess when I’d be sent the forms. 

Always happy to help with any questions you have, please just shout and I’ll be there! 

@woodbine agreed! yes, that’s exactly how I fill mine out too. I type most of it and write a small amount for each question in the form and then put “please see extra sheets” 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,452 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Good luck Poppy I hope everything goes well for you, you help enough off us out with our questions, now it’s your turn to know we are here to wish you all the best. 

❤️
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @Lou67 thank you, that's very kind of you. <3
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    I'm sure you'll be fine with your review, & hope you do indeed get a 10 year award. You definitely want to avoid us lot advising you, as Leigh14 suggests! :s
    Keeping everything gently crossed for you :)
    Leigh14 said:
    Good luck with yours Poppy. Hope you get the 10 year award. If you need advice, you know where to come😉😉
    Oh no, I didn’t mean for Poppy to avoid asking us for advice, should she need advice, this is the place to come. The winks were because, obviously she wouldn’t need advice. Sorry if I’ve confused you all. I’ve confused myself now🤣
  • andrewkuk
    andrewkuk Scope Member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Poppy - Would you mind sending me a private message if possible?

kind regards 

Andrew
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, I definitely don't think poppy will need any advice, just thought Leigh has a mischievous streak! :D
    Best wishes to you too bg844 when you get reviewed.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Best of luck Poppy! Hope it works out well for you and you can get your 10 year reward :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SM01
    SM01 Community member Posts: 94 Connected
    Options
    Who is going to help me with PIP? Who is the expert? 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,865 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck Poppy, I hope you get the amount you deserve and for a longer length of time as well.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.