PIP Underpayments Eligible? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Underpayments Eligible?

Mark81
Mark81 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Good afternoon everyone❤️

I recently had my PIP review & I am pleased to say I was awarded the same rates as before until sometime after 2025 so immensely relived as my mental health & circumstances aren’t great at the moment. Anyone going through the review for mental health you have my sympathy but also have some encouraging news. I received my review paperwork in Nov 2022 & returned in Jan 2023 due to the postal strikes, I had regular texts to say we still have your claim don’t worry so I was paid as normal into my bank account. Around a month ago I received an extension of 1yr but then a week after I received notification I had been awarded the same points from now until sometime after 2025 it says on the award so relief because I was worried sick. I sent lots of evidence along with how my life & mental health effects me on a daily basis & I received a paper based review so for anyone going through it please know the DWP with enough evidence will make the right decision. 

I have been getting advice from various people including looking at peoples posts on here so thank you to all who share their experiences. I saw today on the news about backpay regarding PIP & saying people should contact them if they think they might be eligible. 

I understand that people on PIP might be due back pay after the ruling regarding mental health & mobility component of PIP? I received a PIP award running from Aug 2015 until March 2020 & was awarded enhanced for daily living but nothing for mobility, I have been receiving since 2020 mobility but in those years the decision maker said as the law states I am not entitled to that part so had only the daily living. I looked at my review decision letter which I still have so that’s why I’m asking if I am one of the effected. 

My question to anyone who may know please is am I right in asking the DWP to look at my claim for those years? I don’t want to seem greedy or ungrateful after receiving my recent award so not sure if I should ask them? If I was “owed” the money I would tell them to donate it to my local food bank anyway as my grandmother always used to say what you never had you never missed😀

I know people are massively struggling so I don’t want to seem like I’m grabbing so not sure what to do. If someone reading this could take a few minutes to reply I would be so grateful. 

Mark. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.