LCWRA- how do payments work? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA- how do payments work?

Options
Arlene2001
Arlene2001 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi all, just hoping for a bit of help if possible, I was awarded LCWRA on 7/10/2023 due to a health condition, but I’m not sure when I’ll be getting the LCWRA element? 

I gave my first fitnote 19/07 where I was referred for the assessment and sent off the questionnaire mid august and then gave in a second fitnote 28/08 (but I did have a 2 week gap as I struggled to get one from gp) and this one covered me for 3 months but I had my assessment on the 22/09  and then I received my decision through a letter on the 2/10 and it all updated on my UC journal that I was awarded LCWRA. 

On the letter it says something about a 3 month waiting period after I declared my health condition by fitnote etc, I sort of assumed that meant 3 months after july (but I think I’m wrong) . It also says that I won’t recieve backdate for the relevant period (I’m not sure what it means by relevant period lol) 

I received my statement on UC journal for my payments this month and the balance only shows my regular UC standard amount.  Does this mean I just assumed it all wrong and will be paid 3 months after the date I received my decision meaning I’ll recieve it in December/Jan? Or is this something I need to speak to them about? 

This is my first time claiming anything like this so I’m really clueless I apologise if I come across as a bit dumb. 

Thank you so much for any help I truly appreciate it. 

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The extra money isn’t paid at all during the waiting period. This is 3 full assessment periods from when you reported your health condition. It’s then paid from the 4th month with the extra money paid at the end of that month. 

Providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA. Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from. 

It will be down to a decision maker to decide when it’s paid from. If they accept the gap in your fit notes then your first payment will be either Nov or Dec. The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month, or what dates your assessment periods cover.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Arlene2001
    Arlene2001 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    The extra money isn’t paid at all during the waiting period. This is 3 full assessment periods from when you reported your health condition. It’s then paid from the 4th month with the extra money paid at the end of that month. 

Providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA. Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from. 

It will be down to a decision maker to decide when it’s paid from. If they accept the gap in your fit notes then your first payment will be either Nov or Dec. The exact date will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month, or what dates your assessment periods cover.
    Thank you so much this makes a lot of sense! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer 😊 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.