Waiting over 5 months on a PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting over 5 months on a PIP decision

islaodn
islaodn Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited November 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good afternoon so I have been waiting for pip decision over 5 months now and I rang up today and they have put my claim back as awaiting even more evidence when the deadline is this week I’m so tired of this please help after an advisor last week told me the points I was awarded and then telling me I shouldn’t of been told what’s going on

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,133 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m afraid all you can do is wait. When you spoke to that person last week they shouldn’t have told you what points because points can only be awarded by a decision maker. 

Backlogs are only part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Each individual case is different. Some wait longer than others. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woollywonder
    woollywonder Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
    islaodn said:
    Good afternoon so I have been waiting for pip decision over 5 months now and I rang up today and they have put my claim back as awaiting even more evidence when the deadline is this week I’m so tired of this please help after an advisor last week told me the points I was awarded and then telling me I shouldn’t of been told what’s going on

When you say the deadline is this week, what do you mean?  It does sound a little confusing from what you've said - is it 5 months since your assessment?  There's not much any of us here can do to help with the situation really as we don't know what they mean if they've said they've 'put your claim back' ?  I'm sorry your feeling so fed up with it all though :/
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,018 Disability Gamechanger
    @islaodn I'm so sorry it has been a wait for you and that you have had conflicting information. I hope the decision maker gets to you soon. Please keep us updated <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.