PIP assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment report

Lynz1979
Lynz1979 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi
I've been a lurker for a while whilst I was deciding whether to apply for PIP...everyone is so very helpful so thank you firstly.
I applied for PIP after speaking to both my GP and my mental health nurse.

I had my assesment on October 24th...it was over 2hrs and the assessor was lovely. She had read my form and looked into my evidence. I have Bowel disease, fibromyalgia and Complex PTSD, from a very violent ex marriage. 

She listened to me and let me take breaks.

I received a copy of my report on Friday and was astounded to find She really did listen and she didn't lie at all about anything. She recommended 14 points daily living and 20 points for mobility. I cried like a baby when I read her report...I felt validated in even applying and am so grateful she listened.

I am a very anxious person and now haven't slept for 2 nights thinking that the DWP will say she was wrong and award me zero points.

Could anyone please advise me if this is likely? I know noone can say for sure...just looking to try and calm my anxious  head down.

Many thanks in advance 

Comments

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 541 Pioneering
    Hi and welcome @lynz1979. Your assessor seemed caring, so I’m glad you had a good experience🙂 The decision remains with the DM, The assessment report is a recommendation only, they often go with it, but it has been known for them to go against it though.
    Good luck and try not to worry. 
  • Lynz1979
    Leigh14 said:
    Hi and welcome @lynz1979. Your assessor seemed caring, so I’m glad you had a good experience🙂 The decision remains with the DM, The assessment report is a recommendation only, they often go with it, but it has been known for them to go against it though.
    Good luck and try not to worry. 
    Thank you. She was...she was lovely! I cried a lot and she said she wished she could give me a hug!

I'll try to switch of my brain..I'm such a worrier.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,186 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear a good story because we have a lot of bad ones. I'm another one that's never had a bad assessor, so yes there are some good ones out there.

A decision for you can now take up to 12 weeks after the report was returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lynz1979
    Glad to hear a good story because we have a lot of bad ones. I'm another one that's never had a bad assessor, so yes there are some good ones out there.

A decision for you can now take up to 12 weeks after the report was returned.
    Thank you. She was lovely. I read so many bad things I think the hood ones get lost.

Hopefully I'll hear soon...trying not to worry too much.
  • Nashota
    Nashota Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    That's great news, my first assessor was lovely, the second, not so.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,618 Scope online community team
    Glad to hear your assessor was friendly and supportive, it's nice to hear some positive experiences so thanks for sharing! The waiting is sometimes the hardest part, but hopefully you can put it out of your mind for a bit.

Hope your decision comes through soon, be sure to let us know how you get on :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lynz1979
    Hi

Just wanted to say thank you. I was awarded 2 weeks after the assessment was received.

I got an ongoing enhanced on both award...the decision maker went with the assessor but extended the timescales! 

I have ordered a motability cad...which is going to transform my life and I collect it in 2 weeks (luckily the dealer had exactley what I wanted at another branch!)

I have also been able to pay for some adjustments to my bathroom and kitchen thanks to the backpay.

Thank you for the advice x
  • Lynz1979
    Hi

Just wanted to say thank you. I was awarded 2 weeks after the assessment was received.

I got an ongoing enhanced on both award...the decision maker went with the assessor but extended the timescales! 

I have ordered a motability cad...which is going to transform my life and I collect it in 2 weeks (luckily the dealer had exactley what I wanted at another branch!)

I have also been able to pay for some adjustments to my bathroom and kitchen thanks to the backp
  • Lynz1979
    Hi

I have ordered a motability car...which is going to transform my life and I collect it in 2 weeks (luckily the dealer had exactley what I wanted at another branch!)

I have also been able to pay for some adjustments to my bathroom and kitchen thanks to the backp
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    oh @Lynz1979 I am SO happy for you, that's amazing news! 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,093 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @Lynz1979!! :)
    Hannah - She / Her

• Lynz1979
    Great news @Lynz1979!! :)

Thank you x

• Lynz1979
    oh @Lynz1979 I am SO happy for you, that's amazing news! 
    Thank you so much. The relief was so much I cried!
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,093 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great to hear, especially with the adjustments! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 5,874 Disability Gamechanger

@Lynz1979
    Oh well done that’s great news and I’m so pleased for you. It’s great how much it will change your life.
    You can relax now and enjoy your car when it arrives 😊

❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.