If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Col and lcwra

Options
Nickmandrake
Nickmandrake Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I have received all the other col payments apart from this one and I don't know why .. they have all gone in on first day normally.. I'm on lcwra and pip..the hmrc website says this on pip will not receive the payment  ... is this true ? I'm so desperate for it 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nah that's not quite right, it's if you only receive pip you won't receive it.

There's still 2 more weeks for it to be paid as it's between 31st October and 19th November. I haven't had mine yet either :) 
  • Nickmandrake
    Options
    Thank you so even though I'm on lcwra I should be entitled?
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 618 Pioneering
    Options
    If you receive lcwra then you must be be on universal credit so yes you will get the cost of living payment.
  • Nickmandrake
    Options
    Brilliant thanks everyone, I thought I was going mad
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 618 Pioneering
    Options
    And i haven't had mine yet either.
  • Paul1957
    Paul1957 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    I get pension credit and haven't had.mine either and I meet the qualifying dates criteria 
  • Middleton
    Middleton Community member Posts: 137 Courageous
    Options
    Havent received payment, as just like yourself, in the past I received payments on the first day. I did ask the same question a few days ago but no-one responded.
  • Paul1957
    Paul1957 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Middleton said:
    Havent received payment, as just like yourself, in the past I received payments on the first day. I did ask the same question a few days ago but no-one responded.
    There seems to be quite a few people who haven't received payment yet. I know three personally.
  • noscere
    noscere Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I'm on Universal Credit and I recieved the C.o.L. payment on the 2nd November. At the time I recieved this payment, I had not yet completed the assessment for LCWRA (I've completed it now)—hope this information helps you, the payments are coming—as long as you're in receipt of Universal Credit and were below the income threshold on the day they used to assess eligibility, then you'll get it.

Regardless of whether you get PIP (or ADP in Scotland, it's the same thing with a different label) is irrelevant. PIP and Universal Credit are seperate benefits with their own criterion. Last time there was a C.o.L. payment made to those receiving Universal Credit—£300—and an additional payment for those receiving PIP—£150—I know people who are receiving both benefits who got both payments. I know of one person who doesn't claim Universal Credit, but does get PIP, they got the £150, and not the £300 (as expected).

Remember the window is from the 31st Oct until 19th November, so there is another ten days of potential waiting time before you panic! I got mine on the first day last time, but the occasion prior to that one, I waited about ten days.

Don't worry if you haven't gotten it yet—the past payment date is no indicator as to when you'll get this one.

Hope this helps!

Psychologist:
    There's always light at the end of every tunnel.
    Me:Of course! It's the headlight of the oncoming train.”
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    noscere said:
    I'm on Universal Credit and I recieved the C.o.L. payment on the 2nd November. At the time I recieved this payment, I had not yet completed the assessment for LCWRA (I've completed it now)—hope this information helps you, the payments are coming—as long as you're in receipt of Universal Credit and were below the income threshold on the day they used to assess eligibility, then you'll get it.

I don't know what you mean by "below the income threshold." For the CoL payment for those claiming UC you must have been entitled to a payment for an assessment period that ended between 18th August and 17th September. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment#low-income-benefits-and-tax-credits-cost-of-living-payment-eligibility

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.