If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwcra payment confusion

Options
Amilase99
Amilase99 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello 👋  I gave my fit note in on 9th September 23  and on 26th October got a decision letter that I get Lwcra, I get paid on 11th of each month for my UC however my question is when will I get my first Lwcra payment ? Thanks in advance for help 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,148 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That was a very quick decision. If 9th September was the date you provided your first fit note and the same date you reported your health condition then your waiting period will be as follows.

Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec, Dec/Jan… LCWRA starts from assessment period 5th Jan to 4th Feb and first payment will be 11th Feb. 

If you reported your health condition on 5th September then your first payment will be 11th Jan. No LCWRA element is owed. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Amilase99
    Options
    Thanks 🙏 poppy and yes it was fast tracked because I’m still on EHCP plan and 19 years old.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,548 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Amilase99, looks like Poppy has already answered your question but I just wanted to pop in and say hello and welcome to the community. 

It's great that you've been fast-tracked and received your decision. Hope your payments start coming through soon :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Amilase99
    Options
    Thank you 🙏 Rosie 
  • sandra2812
    sandra2812 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Hi all I hope you are all well I am new to this site. I have a question if anyone can help me I was on lcwra as I was pregnant and had to change to uc I had a wca about 3 months ago and they’ve taken me off wra but I am still on ltd capability for work. I applied in July for pip as was turned down twice before and my health is getting worse. I have now been awarded pip but can I put in a new claim for the wra now. I am also under the 2 week rule at the Royal Preston hospital and they’re investigating a lump inside my cheek. Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi all I hope you are all well I am new to this site. I have a question if anyone can help me I was on lcwra as I was pregnant and had to change to uc I had a wca about 3 months ago and they’ve taken me off wra but I am still on ltd capability for work. I applied in July for pip as was turned down twice before and my health is getting worse. I have now been awarded pip but can I put in a new claim for the wra now. I am also under the 2 week rule at the Royal Preston hospital and they’re investigating a lump inside my cheek. Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading 
    I’m not sure what you mean by wra? If it’s UC you’re claiming then it would either be LCW or LCWRA. 

A PIP award doesn’t automatically entitle you to LCWRA. 

As the decision on the WCA was only 3 months ago then you can challenge that decision by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) As you’re outside the 1 month timeframe you must give a reason why you didn’t request it within the first month. 

Also do be aware that they won’t take into consideration any worsening of condition since the assessment took place. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sandra2812
    Options
    Poppy thank you for your reply I did a mandatory reconsideration but to no avail I'm still on the Ltd capability for work but not the work related activity element. I have told my work coach my conditions have worsened and I am now also having a lump investigated at Preston hospital under the 2 week rule. I know getting pip wouldn't automatically get me lcwra but I wanted to know if I've been awarded pip if I could really for the lcwra now x
  • sandra2812
    Options
    Poppy I think it was more like 5 months ago 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As i advised PIP doesn’t automatically qualify you for LCWRA. Whether you will qualify will depend on whether any of the descriptors in the link i provided apply to 
    you. It’s not awarded based on any diagnosis. Please read the link above. 

Hopefully the lump you’ve found will turn out to be nothing to worry about. I’ve been in this position myself quite a few times under the 2 week rule and it was nothing to worry about. 

You said you told them that your health conditions have got worse but did you report a change of circumstances? Then click health conditions and report it this way? You will need to provide fit notes once you do this and continue to send them without any gaps until a decision is made. 

You will then be referred for another work capability assessment and be sent more UC50 forms to fill in and return and another assessment is most likely. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.