Hi, my name is Michael1980:: PIP, NO TEXT BEFORE PHONE ASSESSMENTS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Michael1980:: PIP, NO TEXT BEFORE PHONE ASSESSMENTS

AC245867
AC245867 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited November 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all

i received a phone call from a withheld number, I Answered it and it was my PIP TELEPHONE ASSESSMENT.

the thing is I didn’t receive a TEXT message leading up to this call letting me know anything about a time or date for my telephone assessment.
my Call lasted about 15 mins

has anyone experienced this??

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,883 Scope online community team
    Hi there @AC245867 and welcome to the community!

That is very odd.  Especially for the assessment to only last 15 minutes.  Was it the full assessment or were they calling for additional details?  
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,172 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like it wasn't a full assessment and they just wanted to ask you a few questions to see if they can write the report using the evidence they already have. When this happens they won't contact you with an appointment date/time, they will just ring you without warning. Perfectly normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AC245867

That is very odd.  Especially for the assessment to only last 15 minutes.  Was it the full assessment or were they calling for additional details?  
    Thank you I’m glad to be apart of the group , also thank you for your reply, in truth I would say it was no more than 12 minutes. 
    They did say at the end of the call that they was sending the paperwork for it to be marked by someone, what ever that means??
  • AC245867
    Sounds like it wasn't a full assessment and they just wanted to ask you a few questions to see if they can write the report using the evidence they already have. When this happens they won't contact you with an appointment date/time, they will just ring you without warning. Perfectly normal.
    Hi 

firstly thank you for your reply it’s much appreciated.

that’s how it seemed, they ask a few Questions and then said they had everything they needed and now she would pass it on to the next stage and they would mark the paperwork up?
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    hi i had a 10 minute telephone call when i did mine back last year couple of questions and that was that we did send in a copy of every letter from docs and hospital about my strokes so it does happen good luck with it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,172 Disability Gamechanger
    AC245867 said:

Thank you I’m glad to be apart of the group , also thank you for your reply, in truth I would say it was no more than 12 minutes. 
    They did say at the end of the call that they was sending the paperwork for it to be marked by someone, what ever that means??
    Once the report is written it will be returned to DWP. A decision maker will then look at that, as well as everything else you sent and make a decision. Once this is done you will be contacted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 11,188 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Hi @Michael1980 I’ve no advice for you. I just nudged myself in to give you a warm welcome from me. Hope to see you around. Hugs 🤗 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.