Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

Options
Amyhannant21
Amyhannant21 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
I attended Job center this morning 
I told my work coach that my anxiety and depression has seen to worsen 
she called over a disability advisor she took me in a room and give me some numbers to call I also asked if she could speed up the process of limited work capability assessment she sent me a message on my hour am saying she will speak to her manager about the assessment 

any advice on what might happen?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you been referred for the WCA yet and received the UC50 form in the post? You can be assessed until this has happened. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Amyhannant21
    Amyhannant21 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    I’ve sent my uc50 form 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You still need to be assessed and this has nothing to do with DWP or a case manager. The Health Assessment Advisory Service are responsible for those. https://chdauk.co.uk/ if an assessment is needed (most have them) you will be contacted for an appointment, which are mostly by telephone.

Once the assessment report is written and returned a decision maker will make the decision. Waiting times for assessments will depend on the backlogs in your area. Some wait longer than others.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Amyhannant21 I hope they are able to speed things up for you. Keeping everything crossed and please keep us updated! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.