Has anyone invested in a mattress or bed to alleviate or prevent pressure sores / ulcers? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone invested in a mattress or bed to alleviate or prevent pressure sores / ulcers?

Options
System
System Posts: 112 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pressure sores..

Comments

• MarkDH
    MarkDH Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hello,

Has anyone invested in a mattress or bed to alleviate or prevent pressure sores / ulcers. 

A close family member is prone to these due to a variety of factors including restricted mobility, age, diabetes.

Having recently been in hospital I noted that the mattress on the bed was moving to prevent sores (The Brand was DHG and the model was a SMART response unit).

Thank you

Mark. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MarkDH

Welcome to the community! :) I'm sorry to hear you have been in hospital. I hope you are on your way to feeling better?

The thread you posted in was quite an old one, so I split your comment into it's own threads. Hopefully more people will be able to see and help :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • lemming1
    lemming1 Community member Posts: 2 Courageous
    Options
    Ask if the person's Dr will refer for an occupational therapist assessment and they can advise on suitable equipment and whether any help towards cost is available. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.