Help - advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help - advice needed

mark_com Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Dear all,
I hope everyone is doing well.

I am disabled ( with PIP and LCWRA on UC ) nothing else meaning i live at home with parents so no housing benefit / housing element. & single.

Someone was thinking to gift / provide a home for me ( outside uk ) very cheaply so I can at least hope to get some medical treatment in that country ( europe ).

How owning a house will affect my UC despite not claiming any housing element?

I understand UC is mean-tested benefit ... but i'm really unwell, if anything extremely ill and UC with LCWRA is keeping me alive - and losing this will mean I will not be able to buy the essential items for my disabilities.

Kindly understand that i'm on benefits because life has taken a u- turn recently, and my only hope is to get better treatment in an european country.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.