Change of Circumstances PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of Circumstances PIP

hufflepuff101 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone I’m new here.

I recently contacted pip to get a form to redo my PIP. The person who originally did my form for me only included details around my hearing loss which in her defence was the only thing she had knowledge and records for.

I have had the award for nearly 2 years now and kept putting off contacting PIP to add my mental health history as I don’t like to do relayUK calls as I’m not very good at explaining what I need.

Anyway I was told I do not need a new form and to do a change of circumstances and they are sending me a form that needs filling in. 

I was wondering if anyone else has done a change of circumstances and how long it takes for a decision is it the same as a new claim? 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,459 Disability Gamechanger
    Who told you that they wouldn't send out another form? It's not correct advice. When reporting changes you will be sent another PIP2 form to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence. Another assessment is most likely because most people have them.

    Once a decision is made your award could either stay the same, be increased, decreased or stop completely. A worsening of condition doesn't automatically entitle you to more points for a higher award.

    Decision waiting times vary considerably but potentially several months, maybe longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.