Has anyone received a letter from PIP asking for bank details? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone received a letter from PIP asking for bank details?

AC245867
AC245867 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited November 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received a letter yesterday morning from pip with no information whether I have been accepted for an award by pip.

all that was in the letter to me was pip asking to fill out my bank details and send them back to them.

any thoughts on this has this happen to others

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,383 Disability Gamechanger
    They are asking for bank details. You can either do what it says in the letter or ring them to tell them those details. 

Seems like they either don’t have them or they want to check they have the correct ones incase there’s an award made. It doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve definitely been awarded yet. 

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433 
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet 
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,680 Scope online community team
    As Poppy mentioned above, they're likely just checking or confirming your details on their records. You can always give them a ring to check, though.

Hopefully you'll hear more about your award soon :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.