LCWRA decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA decision

Options
samoo
samoo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
“Hey everyone! 
I’m Excited to share my first post here! After over a year of battling for my case, I won my appeal for LCWRA at the tribunal hearing yesterday. I didn’t agree with the LCW they gave me last year.
 Now, I’m curious about the next steps. When can I expect my first payment, and will there be backdated pay for the year under the process? 
Your insights and experiences are much appreciated! 🙏

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news. It can take up to about 8 weeks after a Tribunal win for them to change your commiments and put the award into payment.

If the assessment you had last year was your first one then there will be a full 3 month assessment period waiting time for the extra money. It will then be paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. It's then paid at the end of that 4th month. The LCWRA element isn't paid at all during the waiting period.

When it's paid from will depend on the exact date you reported your health condition/provided your first fit note. What date you usually receive your money each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @samoo :) I bet that feels like such a relief!
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • samoo
    Options
    Great news. It can take up to about 8 weeks after a Tribunal win for them to change your commiments and put the award into payment.

If the assessment you had last year was your first one then there will be a full 3 month assessment period waiting time for the extra money. It will then be paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. It's then paid at the end of that 4th month. The LCWRA element isn't paid at all during the waiting period.

When it's paid from will depend on the exact date you reported your health condition/provided your first fit note. What date you usually receive your money each month.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such helpful information! I truly appreciate it.

Just to share a bit more about my situation: I began providing sick notices from April 2022, had the health assessment in September 2022, and initially received LCW. After going through the mandatory reconsideration without a change, I appealed in January 2023, and thankfully, I've now been granted LCWRA.

Given that my first sick note was in April 2022, I'm curious about the potential for backdated payments. If it's likely, do you have any insight into when the backdating might start counting, considering I usually receive my money on the 30th of each month?

Thanks again! 🙏"

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,089 Scope online community team
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Congratulations @samoo! Do you know what date in April you began handing in fit notes? You might be able to find this by looking back on your UC journal.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • samoo
    Options

Thank you so much @Adrian_Scope ،i  appreciate your reply and kind words.

After reviewing my UC journal, I discovered that the first note I submitted was on the 5th of October 2021. Despite the challenge of getting GP appointments, I continued to submit sick notes as required. Starting from October 2021, the sick notes covered different aspects, and by October, my condition worsened. This allowed me to provide longer sick notes, and from March 2022, the focus shifted to a specific issue till I got the LCWRA. Do you think the change in the nature of the sick notes from October 2021 might impact the backdating process?

Your insights mean a lot to me. Thanks again! 🙏"

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.