Hospital/GP/Housing Advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hospital/GP/Housing Advice?

oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 212 Pioneering
I want to see my Doctor, but for a specific date-Feb next year.
But I cannot even get an appointment not now or for next year.

I have been having problems with the neighbours (I have asked on the forum for advice on this) but also the H.A.
For over thirty years I have been, bullied and harrased by neighbours and H.A.
A friend told me to go to the Council with my problem re: neighbours and H.A. I did this a few weeks ago. 
The years of abuse and bullying stopped literally within days. 

Oh heaven...

But although it's going to be painful with Arthritis in my body,
I now think it's time for a move.

I mentioned this to another friend a few days ago. The reply was Good Luck with That. The chronic housing shortage I am presuming. I am being referred to Adult Learning Disabilities, but I have asked for this mid Feb 2024. I do have my reasons for this. But as the state of politics in this country I am probably going to have to wait even longer.

Right to the point....
I want to move from where I live. And I am hoping a Social Worker may be able to help. I've never had one in forty odd years of struggling.

Would it be better to wait till my hopeful appointment around February at the Learning Disabilities appointment or should I have a discussion with a G.P on the above? That's if I can get an appointment.

Folks I need advice please on the Social Worker, Housing and if a Dr can help in anyway?

Thank you all.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,741 Disability Gamechanger
    For my GP i wouldn't be able to book an appointment that far in advance, i don't know if all GPs are the same.

    You're better off referring yourself for a needs assessment from your local Authority. An Occupational Therapist will then come out and do an assessment in your home. If the reason for wanting to move is because your home is no longer suitable for your needs then they may look at adaptions first before recommending a house move. You can refer yourself here.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.