Elderly pensioner fails to return the soft touch review form. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Elderly pensioner fails to return the soft touch review form.

Options
2oldcodgers
2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
What would happen if an elderly pensioner failed to return the Soft Touch PIP review form (simply mislaid it at home and forgot about it)?
What remedy is there at a later time after the PIP is closed to reclaim the award by completing the review form and returning it to the DWP or would it have to be Attendance Allowance?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the claimant has a vulnerable marker on their file then DWP will use their own discretion and can continue with the review without returning the form. The same applies to those that are under state pension age. 

I've seen many threads on here where members haven't returned their forms but they've gone ahead with the assessment, whether this be a first time claim or a review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 2oldcodgers
    Options
    Thanks for that info.
    So it seems that you have to have this marker on your file to get it looked at without the form.  
    Getting that marker on your file is I presume down to the DWP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I'm sure we talked about this in a previous thread sometime ago. Yes, a decision maker will add the marker to your file. You can't ask for it to be added.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 2oldcodgers
    Options

I'm sure we talked about this in a previous thread sometime ago. Yes, a decision maker will add the marker to your file. You can't ask for it to be added.
    Yes we did. I only wanted clarity, not about the marker, but what options there are, with no marker, if the review form is returned/received after the closure of the PIP claim.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.