Reassessment of LCWRA when working — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassessment of LCWRA when working

Options
chantelle2001
chantelle2001 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2023 in Work and employment
Hi!

I am on LCWRA due to the fact that I cannot mobilise without another person's assistance, and I am already in a wheelchair. I have been working for the last few months, and they now want to review my UC claim with a phone call next week. 

They allow people to stay on LCWRA and work if they remain entitled (and my situation hasn't changed), especially since they have this on the government website

If it is decided you have limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) you are not expected to look for work or to prepare for work, but you can work or volunteer if you feel able to do so.

but I am freaking out a bit. They've got my bank statements etc and I've been honest about earnings etc every month, but has anyone had experience with this and can tell me what to expect? Is this just normal and I have nothing to worry about? I won't be able to afford to live without that benefit, I'm lucky if I make minimum wage in a week, so I'm just hoping for good news. 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is this review another work capability assessment or is it just checking your actual UC claim is correct? You mentioned bank statements but they don’t ask for bank statements for a WCA. 

If it was a work capability assessment then you would have needed to be referred for another one and then received a UC50 form in the post a few days later. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chantelle2001
    chantelle2001 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited November 2023
    Options
    It's just checking my claim, but I thought they'd probably review the LCWRA at the same time - if it's just checking the claim, is it nothing to worry about?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That’s what I thought. It won’t be a reassessment for a work capability assessment, so nothing to worry about in this case. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.