Tinnitus — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tinnitus

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes
What would cause tinnitus to get suddenly louder does anyone know. My right ear is louder than it's ever been today, in fact its usually my left ear, which is ringing but much quiter.
Had it in the left ear for some time, right one is fairly recent. 
Cant go to gp because of my agoraphobia so just want some tips on living with it really. 

Comments

• Bettahm
    Options
    Now I think it is the scoliosis causing it. Had some pain in the ear overnight, now easing, and the ringing is a bit softer. Left ear has also had bouts of pain especially at night but never rang as loud as right ear.
    Dont think much I can do as waiting to hear from pain management clinic. 
    My neck is twisted with the scoliosis. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,345 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi  @Bettahm, sorry to read about your tinnitus, that doesn't sound nice at all. It could perhaps be related to your scoliosis as you say, maybe down to pressures and nerves around the area causing imbalances.

I suffer with migraines that can cause tinnitus, but I have to admit I've not found much that helps me other than distracting with other noise, so I'm really sorry that I can't offer much useful advice. I have found it can get worse if I have an infection or if I'm generally a bit under the weather though.

I'm glad it got a bit better overnight and hope it eases up completely soon.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    Hi  @Bettahm, sorry to read about your tinnitus, that doesn't sound nice at all. It could perhaps be related to your scoliosis as you say, maybe down to pressures and nerves around the area causing imbalances.

I suffer with migraines that can cause tinnitus, but I have to admit I've not found much that helps me other than distracting with other noise, so I'm really sorry that I can't offer much useful advice. I have found it can get worse if I have an infection or if I'm generally a bit under the weather though.

I'm glad it got a bit better overnight and hope it eases up completely soon.
    It's sort of constantly there but just got really loud in that right ear yesterday. When I got the ear pain with it overnight I linked it to the scoliosis as same thing happens with left ear.
    Still waiting for pain management to acknowledge my referral from September 12 . I know the waiting list is long but thought they would have acknowledged it. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.