Need help bank details updated for UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help bank details updated for UC

Options
jamie2471
jamie2471 Community member Posts: 101 Connected
Hello I changed my bank details on uc but they want me to come in and verify can’t it be done over the phone ? If not can I cancel it and will they still pay me in the old bank ? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you closed your old account ? or have you changed banks using the switching service? they will probably want to see some evidence, might be an idea to ask on your journal next week?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• jamie2471
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Have you closed your old account ? or have you changed banks using the switching service? they will probably want to see some evidence, might be an idea to ask on your journal next week?
    Hi no the old account is still opened which I had money going in each month but updated with new bank details on my claim so if I don’t go in jc to verify will they still pay in my old bank acc each month 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When claiming UC unless you use the banks "switching service" they usually ask you to attend your local job centre with proof of your bank details. Do you have someone that can do this for you?

They may just send it to the other bank but there's no guarantee this will happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jamie2471
    Options
    When claiming UC unless you use the banks "switching service" they usually ask you to attend your local job centre with proof of your bank details. Do you have someone that can do this for you?

They may just send it to the other bank but there's no guarantee this will happen.
    Yes I can try n get someone to help me switch I’ll see if I can do that today 
  • jamie2471
    Options

Hi I switched my current bank it says it will take 7 days but I entered my new bank details in my UC already so will they still pay in my old
    account if I don’t go to verify my new bank details 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you haven’t verified your new bank account they may send payment to your old one. If your old one has closed then the payment will bounce back to DWP so you won’t receive it. 

When is your UC payment due? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jamie2471
    Options
    If you haven’t verified your new bank account they may send payment to your old one. If your old one has closed then the payment will bounce back to DWP so you won’t receive it. 

Due on the 3rd but statement loads on 24th every month 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you can confirm bank details ASAP then it will go into your new account. If you don't then there could be issues with the payment.
  • jamie2471
    Options
    If you can confirm bank details ASAP then it will go into your new account. If you don't then there could be issues with the payment.
    I would be able to but I don’t have no one to go with me in the jobcentre I suffer from  anxiety 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In a previous comment you said you were going to try to get someone to take it in for you.
    jamie2471 said:

Yes I can try n get someone to help me switch I’ll see if I can do that today 

• jamie2471
    Options

Hi my bank details have been switched do I need to report new details on my UC or will I automatically be paid in new account? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jamie2471 said:

Hi my bank details have been switched do I need to report new details on my UC or will I automatically be paid in new account? 

I already advised you on this 10 days ago and you said you had to verify your bank details at your local job centre. Did you do that? or is this another new bank account?
  • jamie2471
    Options
    jamie2471 said:

I already advised you on this 10 days ago and you said you had to verify your bank details at your local job centre. Did you do that? or is this another new bank account?
    I canceled that appointment because acc was in switching took 8 days to switch 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Then you'll need to contact UC to ask about verifying your new bank details. 

If you used the switching service then your bank would have told you that you don't need to do anything and your payments to and from your bank would automatically switch from your old account to your new account. I think this is only available when switching banks, not just changing accounts with the same bank. https://www.wearepay.uk/what-we-do/switching-services/current-account-switch-service/

• jamie2471
    Options
    Then you'll need to contact UC to ask about verifying your new bank details. 

If you used the switching service then your bank would have told you that you don't need to do anything and your payments to and from your bank would automatically switch from your old account to your new account. I think this is only available when switching banks, not just changing accounts with the same bank. https://www.wearepay.uk/what-we-do/switching-services/current-account-switch-service/

I checked my journal and they automatically got my new details and updated them so I’m happy now 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.