PIP Tribunal time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal time

salty1212334
salty1212334 Community member Posts: 145 Courageous
edited November 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
DWP have replied does anyone no how long it takes to book a tribunal date. I have read it can take 10 months is this true. It will be 24 months from when I first applied for PIP if it takes 10 months would I have to have a assessment again straight away if I get it

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,452 Disability Gamechanger
    Often it can be 8+ months. If awarded when your review date will be will depend on what length of award you will have. Some have shorter lengths, some have longer. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • salty1212334
    edited November 2023
    Ok thanks this is all because of my post I did send medical records to to my MR it was on my local news about slow post I sent a lot of medical records god knows where they are it was private information there was a psychiatrist report with it

• poppy123456
    In another comment you said you didn't request the MR for 12 months so this is why it's taking so long. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/755591#Comment_755591

You will eventually receive the bundle so you will know if they received the evidence you sent because if they did, it will be in there.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • salty1212334
    Yeah but I never new the tribunal would be 8 to 10 months that's not my fault if post is slow for MR .The reason it took me so long to ask for MR was because I had to speak to iapt twice as I told them to leave me alone first time they said my problem was to much both times so they sent a letter to psychiatrist I have the letter he sent. Then I got my diagnosis I no it don't go off diagnosis but it backs up what I say about being around people I lived in about 20 different places in 6 years I can finally have peace now im back in my flat theres also cameras now where I live so its quite I am also high risk of getting schizophrenia I don't need more stress waiting on them
  • poppy123456
    Are you saying it took 12 months for DWP to receive your MR request? :o
  • salty1212334
    Hi I only applied for MR at 12 months because I had things going on it only took so many weeks for MR I can't remember how many but they did offer me 2 extra weeks because of post but the bloke said it would be better with tribunal but if I waited they could have got evidence. I filled PIP form in with someone I never new over phone she told me what to put it was a health coach for jobs 22 there was things I couldn't tell her that's why I also got declined for lcwra so I filled the form in myself and got it the woman from the lcwra assessment understood why I can't control myself she said she didn't need nothing from my physical health she had enough from mental health

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.