Are there any ways to improve my real life and online dating sections — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are there any ways to improve my real life and online dating sections

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
I got a learning disability and women and always did had bad experince with some previous relationship that i did in real life in college and one wasn't a real relationship in high school when i was  age of constant . I did  get lovebomb and guit trip into trying to get to me to have sex when i was underage and wasn't ready and did say no over again and did break up with at public places . The previous guys from college i had a relationship with were cheaters and did try to ask me out and i said no your a cheater . Some were bit creepy and my last one that i met through facebook turned out to become toxic and did blame game . I have been trying to go out more but there is not much on in my town and have to go city Centre to a social events but I don't think my type of men are from social but might be more interested in seeing new trains or buses . The guys that i'm looking for is repecful,open commutation ,truthful,trustworth intelligent What i'm not looking for or i'm not interested in are rude,bully,coky,abuse,verbal abuse,idots,loud and **** and players . Would it be possible to improve my online dating and real life dating sections? Hasn't had much luck with both types of dating?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not having much luck @Splatmate24, dating is a minefield. 
    With online dating it's really all about vetting the people you're swiping right on. Do they have a full profile? Have they written anything in their bio?  I've found the more info they put in, the more they're taking it seriously. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Splatmate24
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @Albus_Scope yep i been checking their profile and bios most of men that i seen they have very short bio or put on Idk , seen get men that are on snapchat but i looked on google and saw a reddit is was a red flag for some men to have a snapchat or ask for snap that i did noticed . i also have tried going out at social's events but none of my town . has go into city Centre to get there but just been same  type there to and some were too older then me . last men that i met at social's event was 42 year old and did get my number i ask by text how old are you ?  not text back after i said i busy and did try to call me when i said i was interests in being just friends .

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oh definitely avoid adding people on Snapchat! I've found the players tend to not bother putting much in their bios, so I always swipe left on them. 

Red flags that other people have mentioned online;
    Short bio/no bio. 
    Only including a link to insagram or snapchat.
    Only writing "Just ask"
    If they haven't said they're specifically looking for a relationship. 
    Topless photos. 

To be honest, dating is such a minefield I just don't bother now.  If someone nice turns up, then brilliant. if they don't then at least I won't have wasted my time. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Splatmate24
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @Alex_Scope yep been doing swiping left when no bie, short bio and yet i can only men with learning disability because of my strict mum make dating in rl very hard and dating online dating make more difficult. so far is only been some learning disability that has short bi or i'm not sure what i want . in real life dating still seem to ruining into age range issue . i had bad experince within rl with comes with previous ex boyfriend . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.