Disabled and Thinking about my future — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled and Thinking about my future

Options
ChelC
ChelC Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello My name Chelsea,im disabled on PIP and also LCWRA,me and my partner who is also my carrer have being discussing having a baby,i already have 2 from nearly 10 years ago now im getting older we would like 1 of our own,i will be talking to me doctor due to my disability but im also stressing about the benefit side,it will be my partner first baby and as my carrer he already looks after me full time,if someone could just talk me through it that would be great help.

Thank you and really appreciate it.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you’re already claiming child element of UC for your 2 children then you won’t be able to claim for another child. 

You will also be entitled to an extra bedroom if you’re claiming for help with any rent. 

You will be entitled to child benefit which is £15.90/week. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ChelC
    Options
    I thought so,would my partner/carrer be able to as the dad,if he was to be registered at a the same address as the child and would my benefits change at all,my PIP or LCWRA ??
    Thank you for your reply love.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,392 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Options
    You will be claiming UC as a couple, if you're living together. For this reason your partner will not be entitled to claim anything extra in your UC for the child. Your PIP and LCWRA will not be affected and will continue as normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ChelC
    Options
    Thank you very much for your help,atleast i have an insight of whats what,what about Child Tax Credits or Child Benefit,i know its different benefits to UC so thought id double check on that aswell ?? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.