Social housing

laghzaoui
laghzaoui Community member Posts: 54 Connected
I wondered if someone could help me please, with social housing rules, I came homeless with my family in October 2021 nd we were for 6 months in the hospital after the the sity council proved me  temporary accommodation in March 2023 until now still in the problems I came ill I had a lot of health issues as physically and mental health I have disc bulges of L4/L5/L5 /S1 which caused me a lot of pain in my left leg, Back and lower limbs so I have to use crutches to help me to walk around as I’m living on the first floor I had to climb stairs  5 months ago I was panicking I could breathe I decided to go outside of the house and I had fallen from stairs and the pain is worse, I’m so sorry for telling you my story just I wanted to explain my situation. I called social housing about the house I need to move into because I don't have enough space no garden and I can’t go outside because as I’m on crutches is difficult I'm scared I will fall again, I want you to help me what can I do trust me I'm struggling all the time I'm in bed something I want just to breathe a fresh air but I don't have a garden 
Any help I would much appreciate it, thank you in advance

Comments

• laghzaoui
    I wondered if someone could help me please, with social housing rules, I came homeless with my family in October 2021 nd we were for 6 months in the hospital after the the sity council provided me temporary accommodation in March 2023 until now still in the property. I came ill I had a lot of health issues as physically and mental health I have disc bulges of L4/L5/L5 /S1 which caused me a lot of pain in my left leg, Back and lower limbs so I have to use crutches to help me to walk around as I’m living on the first floor I have to climb stairs,  5 months ago I was panicking I could breathe so I decided to go outside of the house and I had fallen from stairs and the pain is worse, I’m so sorry for telling you my story just I wanted to explain my situation. I called social housing about the house I need to move into because I don't have enough space no garden and I can’t go outside because as I’m on crutches is difficult I'm scared I will fall again, I want you to help me what can I do trust me I'm struggling all the time I'm in bed something I want just to breathe a fresh air but I don't have a garden 
    Any help I would much appreciate it, thank you in advance
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    It's not easy to be housed with social housing and the waiting lists in many areas are extremely long, even for those in temporary housing. You can refer yourself for a needs assessment from your local Authority and they maybe able to put in a recommendation for more suitable housing. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

• poppy123456
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,869 Online Community Coordinator
    Thanks Poppy, I have merged these two together.

Poppy's suggestion might be worth a try @laghzaoui, and I hope you have some success with Citizens Advice  :)
  • laghzaoui
    edited November 2023
    It's not easy to be housed with social housing and the waiting lists in many areas are extremely long, even for those in temporary housing. You can refer yourself for a needs assessment from your local Authority and they maybe able to put in a recommendation for more suitable housing. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

Thank you so much, Poppy, I had an occupational therapist 6 months ago and I have a Category 3 do I have to do it again?
  • laghzaoui
    Thanks Poppy, I have merged these two together.

Poppy's suggestion might be worth a try @laghzaoui, and I hope you have some success with Citizens Advice  :)
    Many thanks Rosie 
  • poppy123456
    I don't know what category 3 is. All local authorities are different for social housing. For mine i had to fill out a medical form for social housing and then my OT sent them a report after i had a needs assessment. From there i was placed on the waiting list as urgent medical priority. I can now bid on adapted properties.
  • laghzaoui
    I don't know what category 3 is. All local authorities are different for social housing. For mine i had to fill out a medical form for social housing and then my OT sent them a report after i had a needs assessment. From there i was placed on the waiting list as urgent medical priority. I can now bid on adapted properties.
    Like this
  • poppy123456
    Seems like you just need to keep bidding on those adapted properties. Hopefully, you'll be successful soon.
  • laghzaoui
    Seems like you just need to keep bidding on those adapted properties. Hopefully, you'll be successful soon.
    Many thanks, poppy