LCWRA awarded — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA awarded

Options
bazzaboy74
bazzaboy74 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I got notified 21/11/23 that I will be getting awarded LCWRA, I supplied my first fit note 15/8/23, does any one know how long it will take to start receiving extra money and if I get awarded for the 3 
month waiting period my usual uc payments are 2nd of each calendar month thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The LCWRA element isn't paid at all during the waiting period, which is 3 full assessment periods, starting from when you reported your health condition/supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. It's then paid from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of that month.

Based on the information you gave your waiting period is Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov.... LCWRA starts from 27th Nov to 26th Dec and first payment will be 2nd Jan. No LCWRA element is owed.

If you or a partner were receiving any earnings since you provided your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you'll be owed some money from that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bazzaboy74
    Options
    Thanks for your help now I’m in receipt of LCWRA, would I now be able to apply for PIP 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. You can apply for PIP at anytime. Being found to have LCWRA doesn’t mean you’re automatically entitled to PIP. It will depend on how exactly your health conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bazzaboy74
    Options
    Ah I see is there a limit on how many times you can apply for pip or is it a case of once you’re turned down that’s that 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @bazzaboy74 I can see you're already getting some top help from Poppy, but I just wanted to pop in to say hi and welcome to the community. 

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No there isn’t. You should do some research before you apply because it will help have some understanding of what the descriptors mean. Having a health condition doesn’t automatically entitle you to it.

If you think you qualify then apply. If refused then challenge the decision and not reapply. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.