Re supp evidence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re supp evidence

Options
lydia5683
lydia5683 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
Hi I was wondering if I should pay for medical evidence for my esa claim as Ive been told that the hcp doesn't always contact the gp even if requesting a paper based assessment due to severe anxiety.

This happened for my pip renewal and they used my previous assessment but i still got the award i wanted via a paper based assessment despite not getting all the points i wanted.

When i used to claim uc they have always contacted my gp for evidence but not for pip

Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You certainly don't need to pay for medical evidence. Your own real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you will be fine. Yes, you're correct, they very rarely contact anyone for any medical evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lydia5683
    Options
    Thanks, I was wondering if it would be easier to claim class 1 credits without going through the esa assessment as even though I have a health condition im looking for work and if i found a job that is more than 15 hours a week i would still do it as depending on the job i can work around full time

If that is the case will i have to cancel my esa ni credits claim and make a separate claim via jobcentre 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can claim New style JSA as a NI credits only claim. However, you will be treated as a job seeker and be expected to attend work focused interviews at your local job centre every couple of weeks and give proof that you’ve been actively looking for work. 

You need to ask for is the JSANC1 form. There’s no time limit on how long you can receive the credits for as long as you continue to do what it expected of you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lydia5683
    Options
    Thanks, just to confirm even though im not eligible for new style jsa due to not enough ni contributions and if i only do a credits only claim do i still have to attend interviews and show proof im looking for work 

Sorry if this seems obvious
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes that’s exactly what I advised. 
  • lydia5683
    Options
    Ok do you only get your ni credits after your new style esa wca assessment or before 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    After, if found to have LCW. Even if it was before your NI contributions aren’t updated straight away anyway. I can’t see any of mine from this tax year yet. I can see all previous years. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.