WCA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


madee93 Community member Posts: 51 Listener
Am currently on LCW but am asking for consideration on LCWRA as New health issues have arised since awarded lwc....due to send back my questionnaire although it is late as I have struggled with it...today I recieved a letter saying I have a telephone assessment next week...but I haven't sent back my questionnaire uc50 yet....is this normal for assent before sending uc50 back and will they wait to receive it before making decision ? Are they fast tracking my case as I already have lcw ? 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,085 Disability Gamechanger
    It isn’t normal no but if you don’t return the form by the deadline, if you have a vulnerable marker on your file DWP will use their own discretion to continue with the work capability assessment. Seems like this is exactly what they’ve done.

    If you’ve now finished the form then I’d advise you to post this back to them so that they will receive it before your assessment. This way they will have new information. 

    Just so that you’re aware it’s not a reconsideration you’ve asked for, it’s a change of circumstances that you reported. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.