Universal credit

Options
Rob123456789
Rob123456789 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Can anyone explain what the governments plan is for forcing the disabled into work. Who does this affect. I want to get back into work at some point, but I believe if someone was to put pressure on me to work or stop my benefits, it will negatively affect any progress I have made, and send me off down the deep end when I'm struggling to cope as it is. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,369 Championing
    Options
    They are not forcing the disabled to work or going to stop your benefits. Forcing people to work will apply to Job seekers only. The crtieria for LCW and LCWRA may change from 2025 but we have a General Election before then. At the moment we have nothing to worry about and everything continues as it is.
  • Rob123456789
    Rob123456789 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou for your response, is it possible for me to discuss the prospect of work with a work coach, without them automatically deeming me fit to work.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,369 Championing
    Options
    I note from a previous thread that you have LCWRA. This means you don't currently have a work coach but you can request one if you want. Do be aware though that under the current rules, if any work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA then it could go against you when you're next reviewed.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,908 Championing
    Options
    Hello @Rob123456789

I just wanted to comment as you had mentioned you would like to get back into work at some point. When you feel ready, I wanted you to know that if you live in England or Wales, Scope has their own Employment Support Services that you may find helpful :)