PIP/ESA/Work and Compensation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP/ESA/Work and Compensation

Options
honda1
honda1 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Everybody I am new so hello to everybody.

I was full time employed and then I had a accident because of the injuries this has left me unable to work. I am now claiming ESA and PIP my employer has not terminated my contract yet I am handing in sicknotes. But my employer is deciding to dismiss me on capability grounds soon as I have been sick long term. This has hugely hurt me losing my job but I am literally not able to work so can't really do any thing at this point.

I am going to make a claim for personal injury compensation and have been told that I will have to give money received from ESA and PIP back to DWP recovery dept as I am going to claim loss of income in my compensation claim and can't be paid double which is understandable.

I have been off sick from work for 11 months now and I have been recieving PIP and ESA for 8 months. If my employer terminated my contract in November 2023 from the day my employment is terminated I can't claim loss of income after that. I then settle my claim in April 2024 this will be 5 months of not claiming loss of income. My question is that will the DWP still claim back ESA and PIP for those 5 months when I will not be claiming loss of income.

Sorry for the long story but it's driving me mad as I can't find the answer online search after search.

Thanks 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.