Hi, my name is minfo83! Will i be able to be in LCWRA as I cannot walk any longer? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is minfo83! Will i be able to be in LCWRA as I cannot walk any longer?

minfo83
minfo83 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone...

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,959 Scope online community team
    Hey there @minfo83 and welcome to the community.  

So what brings you here today? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • minfo83
    minfo83 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited November 2023
    I have claimed UC from 2020 near the start of the covid pandemic. I had mental health issue dating back to 2002
    i managed many years my health condition keeping myself busy with work. But in 2010 i was in a very bad stage in life and jumped from my balcony to end all the voices in my head and my life. I survived the fall but had fractured my back and went on without a operation which was recommended at the time by the hospital. I was then taken to the mental hospital when i was out i lived as usual and worked but in 2022 i felt a pain in my back like a stabbing which if i was walking anywhere i sat in the ground. Long story short i applied for all the benefits PIP and UC. I got PIP full mobility and standard living and was put into LCW in UC. From 2023 August i can not walk any longer as the fracture did not heal and i use wheelchair which my wife pushes me in on appointment days. My question is will i be able to be in LWCRA as i can not walk any longer. Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.