LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
JemimaP
JemimaP Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi Everyone

i was awarded LCWRA today! I just wanted a little help if possible to find out when my first payment will be made and when it will be backdated to.

My first fit note was accepted 6th May 2020.

My assessment was on 7th November 2023 and I was awarded today.

My monthly payment date is the 9th.

id be really grateful if anyone could help me.

Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,664 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's a very very long time to wait for an assessment. May i just ask if this was your first assessmnt? or did you have one prior to this with a decision?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JemimaP
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 it’s my first assessment. I sent them a fit note when I very first applied. But it was held up by my disability. I couldn’t get the form done as I was being being treated for a brain tumour then experienced a trauma. My doctor has been writing fit notes that cover six months and there hasn’t been any time missed. I’m not expecting it to be backdated to the first fit note as it’s my fault the assessment wasn’t quicker 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods from when you reported your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. It's then paid from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of that month. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.

If May 2020 was the first time you applied and you reported your health condition at the same time then your waiting period will be as follows.

May to Aug 2020.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 3rd August to 2nd September and first payment should be 9th Sept 2020.

Now, i realise you said that it was your fault the assessment process was delayed but if there were any issues with not accepting those reasons then your file would have been returned to DWP. If this didn't happen i see no reasons why you shouldn't receive all the money you're owed.

Money owed will be paid separately to your usually monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JemimaP
    Options
    Thanks for making that clear @poppy123456

i was never sanctioned or made to apply for jobs etc. in fact they’ve been very patient with me. I’ve never been told that I have been referred back to DWP. So I don’t know.

I guess I’ll find out in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. I see no reason why you won't receive everything you're owed. IF the worst happens and they don't pay it to you then you need to request the Mandatory Reconsideration on the decision not to award it from the date stated above.

Before they pay what is owed to you they will need to recalculate your past statements. This will tell them how much you're already received against what you should have received. You will then receive the difference between the 2. Once it's done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe and it will be paid into your bank.

Please also be aware that the new statements will replace your current ones so you may want to take copies of those now before you lose them.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.