Can I do free course on LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I do free course on LCWRA

Options
water_quack1
water_quack1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I get LCWRA and know full time students can’t claim UC, but would I be allowed to do free courses online to learn about interesting things without it affecting my claim? would I have to declare this? curious!
Tagged:

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fulltime students can claim UC in some circumstances @water_quack1 <3 But their student finance is used when calculating income. 

But yeah, if you want to do free courses online you can without it affecting your UC claim. You don't need to declare it either <3 
    What are you going to study??
  • water_quack1
    water_quack1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I’ve always liked learning and building all sorts of new skills but at the moment I’m hoping to study/learn about something like youth work, school administration or maybe even working with kids who have special needs, I know I wouldn’t be able to cope in a job as I am right now because of disability but I still want to give myself a fighting chance and some skills that might help me in the future! So some free introduction courses online seemed like a nice idea, thanks so so much for your reply !!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.