What happens if leave a job on LCW? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens if leave a job on LCW?

Options
Velkian
Velkian Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
So I'm on LCW, although I don't think there's any way to check that in my account other than the letter I got from the assessor last year to confirm it. A big part of my lc is my anxiety, I'm considering trying to get a Christmas temp job to make ends meet. I'm wondering if I have to leave this temp job before the end of the contract can my UC / LCW be affected or sanctioned? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,378 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you start working you must report a change of circumstances and tell them your working. If you're unable to continue and leave it will not affect your UC because you already have LCW.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Velkian
    Options
    If you start working you must report a change of circumstances and tell them your working. If you're unable to continue and leave it will not affect your UC because you already have LCW.
    Thanks for that. The only evidence of my LCW was the confirmation letter I recieved via journal it doesnt seem to say anything else anywhere in my account. I tried to call the helpline to ask if there was a way to check I would get the £630 earning allowance before deductions but the guy on the phone seemed clueless :( and couldnt understand what I was talking about. Is there any other way I can check this ?
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2023
    Options
    The work allowance will apply to you because you have LCW. If you claim for help with any rent it will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month. It's not money that will be included in your UC payments. It means that you can receive that amount of earnings each month before the 55% deductions apply. For every £1 over those amounts your UC will be reduced by 55p. More details here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/universal-credit-and-earnings

Just for future reference. Work capability assessment decision letters never give any information other than what the decision was. I would never advise anyone to ring the helpline for any such advice because they are not benefits advisors. They are call centre staff with very little benefits knowledge.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Velkian
    Options
    Thanks for that. The only evidence of my LCW was the confirmation letter I recieved via journal it doesnt seem to say anything else anywhere in my account. I tried to call the helpline to ask if there was a way to check I would get the £630 earning allowance before deductions but the guy on the phone seemed clueless :( and couldnt understand what I was talking about. Is there any other way I can check this ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Velkian said:
    Is there any other way I can check this ?
    Please see my previous comment here. 

The work allowance will apply to you because you have LCW. If you claim for help with any rent it will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month. It's not money that will be included in your UC payments. It means that you can receive that amount of earnings each month before the 55% deductions apply. For every £1 over those amounts your UC will be reduced by 55p. More details here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/universal-credit-and-earnings

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.