Slightly worred about an upcoming holiday — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Slightly worred about an upcoming holiday

Options
Jdi231
Jdi231 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could reassure me or inform me on what to do as I'm currently on Pip and LCWRA for my epilepsy and other issues but I've had a Christmas holiday booked for a week in Iceland and I wasn't sure if I would have to declare it to someone or if id be fine just going since it's only for a week but I don't want any issues with my claims 

Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @Jdi231 looking at guides, most state;

"We will need to know the date the claimant is leaving the country, how long they are planning to be out of the country, which country they are going to and why they are going abroad"

So I'd say it could be worth you letting them know, just in case they try to call you during that time. But I know the old information was you only needed to contact them if you were out of the country for 4 weeks or more. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don't have to inform anyone if going abroad for up to a month. From the following link it does say you should tell your work coach, but as you have LCWRA, you don't have one anyway, so that's not a problem. Please see: https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/universal-credit
    I hope you have a great holiday in Iceland!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with @chiarieds here, as you have LCWRA then you don't need to inform UC. My daughter went away with me in September this year for 2 weeks and claiming UC with LCWRA. I didn't inform UC because it was less than 1 month. I hope you have a lovely time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.