FND — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FND

Options
jemifer123
jemifer123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello everyone I've recently been diagnosed with FND after 2years I got diagnosed with long COVID back in 2021 and since then my body has fell apart.I tried to work for a year with long COVID which was awful but I did it to pay my bills because I only got SSP when off. Ive since had to give up my job which I loved because of my health and mobility. It's very sad... But I'd just like to know if anyone else is coping with FND and how it's affecting them? Do you get benefits? And yes I know before anyone tells me it's about what you can do... I'm just a worrier and I've got LWRCA for long COVID but I can't work it's not physically possible, I had a job I loved but had to give it up because of all this... I hate it all I'm like a old women now. Any advice on FND would be great and also the benefits side if you got them as I'm constantly worried there going to say I have to work and I can't even walk far..
Tagged:

Comments

• jemifer123
    jemifer123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Can you please confirm if you’ve already been through the work capability assessment and found to have LCWRA? Sorry but it’s not clear in your comment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jemifer123 - & welcome to the community. As far as FND goes then this is an informative site: https://www.fndaction.org.uk/   We do have members here that also suffer with FND, whom you may also hear from. I'm sorry for how badly this has affected you, as well as having long Covid & that you've had to give up your job.
    Have you looked into claiming PIP?

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @jemifer123 and a big welcome from me too. :)

I can see you're already getting some great advice from our lovely regulars, but I just wanted to drop in and say hi.  I'm so sorry to hear about your issues with long covid, but I agree with Chiarieds, you should definitely look into claiming PIP if you feel up to it. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.