Please could someone help me to understand my LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please could someone help me to understand my LCWRA

Options
JayJayJuliette
JayJayJuliette Community member Posts: 39 Connected
Hello everyone. Please could someone be so kind as to help me understand when my first payment for LCWRA would actually be.
my first sick note which was a 3 month sick note was reported in my journal on the 28th of July 2023. My assesment days are from the 1st of the month to the last day of the month 30th or 31st. I know that July wouldnt have been counted and am I right in thinking that my 3 months waiting period should start from the 1st Aug to 31s Aug, then 1st Sept to 30 sept then 1st Oct to 31st Oct and when should I recive payment. My payment date is on the 7th of every month. if someone could please clear this up for me I would be very greatful as I have been told a few different things. Many thanks

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JayJayJuliette - & welcome to the community. There's 3 full months before the LCWRA element is due, so Aug- Sept, Sept - Oct, Oct -Nov, so due from assessment period Nov -Dec, then, as it's paid in arrears, your first payment of this will be 7th Dec. This so long as your fit notes were continuous, & you're not living with a partner that already receives this LCWRA element.
  • JayJayJuliette
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Chiarieds, Thank you so much for the reply, really grateful. So when you say Aug-Sept I am a little confused as my AP is 1st August to 31st August and then starts again on the 1st Sept to 30th Sept can you please help me to understand why it would be Aug-Sept My 2nd fit note was a little late due to the doctors office but I did write in my journal 7 days prior that it was going to be 2 days late due to the doctors backlog and an Agent on my journal thanked me for informing them. And no I don't have a partner
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Sorry, I'm so used to working it out from month to month; the result is the same that normally you'd expect payment on 7th Dec. With your fit notes it may very well be OK, or a decision maker will check to see when they think your first payment will be.
  • JayJayJuliette
    Options
    Chiarieds Thank you so much for clarifying my question :) But if my fit note was 2 days late due to the Doctors office being backlogged and they did backdate the fit note to the appropriate date and I also informed them in my journal 7 days before the due date for the fit note, can I still be penalised for this? 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    I'm hoping not, as you did all you could, & with this fit note being backdated, as you've just said, I'm hoping they accept that.
  • JayJayJuliette
    Options
    Chiarieds, you are worring me a little as in my Joural it says fit note accepted or does that not count? Gosh now im panicing a bit :(
  • chiarieds
    Options
    If your fit note was accepted then that shouldn't be a problem. :)
  • JayJayJuliette
    Options
    Hi Chiarieds Yes it says in the journal I have accepted your fit note on the information you have sent us. Just to clarify my sick notes were 3 monthly not weekly and both have been accepted. 
    Thank you for your time and answering my questions, I really appriciate this very much and hope you have a wonderful Christmas 
    Warm Regards 
    Jay-Jay Juliette
  • chiarieds
    Options
    You're welcome. Hope you have a lovely Christmas too.
  • JayJayJuliette
    Options
    Chiarieds Thank you so much  :) x x x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.