Wca assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wca assessment

Options
madee93
madee93 Community member Posts: 51 Listener
I was supposed to have my telephone wca assessment today between 1pm and 4pm..but no1 called....could they have all the Information they need ? Unsure what to do now has any1 had this happen to them if so what happend next any advice welcome 
Tagged:

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I'm so sorry that they didn't call you for your assessment @madee93. Unfortunately, I cannot say whether it is because they have everything they need. I would wait until midday tomorrow to see if you have a letter that's been delivered late with a reschedule or if get a call in the morning. If you hear nothing, then I'd call and inquire as to why they missed your appointment.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • AtlasShoulders
    AtlasShoulders Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    madee93 said:
    I was supposed to have my telephone wca assessment today between 1pm and 4pm..but no1 called....could they have all the Information they need ? Unsure what to do now has any1 had this happen to them if so what happend next any advice welcome 
    This happened to me, and I think it does happen quite a lot for various reasons. I would recommend you phone the HAAS/CHDA tomorrow to ask them to note on your file that you didn't receive the call. They should be able to check what has happened at their end.
  • madee93
    madee93 Community member Posts: 51 Listener
    Options
    @AtlasShoulders can i ask what happened in tour case ?
  • AtlasShoulders
    AtlasShoulders Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    madee93 said:
    @AtlasShoulders can i ask what happened in tour case ?
    In my case I waited until 1 hour after the assessment timeframe had ended and then phoned up. My assessment was on a Saturday so they couldn't get hold of the assessor as they were working from home. They said they would make a note that I'd phoned but said not to worry as it wasn't my fault and someone would contact me to rearrange if necessary. However a week or so later I got a notification that I'd been assessed as LCWRA without an assessment. It seems the WCA assessor did a paper-based assessment but nobody thought to cancel the phone appointment.

I can't promise this will be the same in your case, but by phoning them up and reporting that you didn't receive the call, it prevents any misunderstandings or risk of the process being closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.